February 6, 2016

#ThisIsBaltimore: Winter, So Far!

This has been a busy week here at Pigtown*Design World HQ, as we call it around my house. Lots of evening meetings and events, especially one special one – the 27th Annual Groundhog Day Party. This year, it featured extensively on my Instagram feed because it was held in a gorgeous 1840’s townhouse in Baltimore.

A striking staircase and a stunning window.image

Several gorgeous fireplacesimageimage

The small red barn at Halcyon House Antiques. This is a week after the storms, and the snow’s down by about half.image

This was hour 25.5 of the storm. At this point, we were at about 24 inches. Eventually, we got about 30 inches.image

Housewerks Salvage looked like an old church boneyard.image

But it was pieces like this fireback from the British Embassy in DC that drew us. image

Honestly, I find the strangest things when I am searching through old medical journals at the office.image

Starting the new year on an inspiring note.image

Ending the year with a long lunch of Bloodys and oysters with my best friend from college. image

As always, thank you for reading Pigtown*Design!

2 comments:

  1. How on earth do you wash and dry a cobweb? I guess the same answer as the old joke about porcupines making love ... very carefully.

    Looking forward to another year of your delicious posts and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that red barn. Beyond. The Jimmy's sign is pretty good too;).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.