July 13, 2013

An Auction Sneak Peek!

I attended the mid-summer auction at Alex Coopers, strictly sticking to the North Gallery where all of the bargains are, and came home with a wagon-load of goodies! I have to admit that I spent a little more than I had planned, but there weren’t a lot of people at the auction, and the lots were being hammered down at very low prices.

As usual, I went for the blue and white china,

and some transfer-ware.

I found three fun pieces of French china.

I haven’t had a chance to translate them yet, but they seem like they’re satirical plates.

In addition to these pieces, I got some great silver-plated footed trays, and more silver pieces, a partial set of Limoges Haviland china, some brown and cream jugs that you can see in the top image and a pair of Staffordshire dog figurines. And some other things!

By Monday, a lot of these pieces should be on my Etsy shop, so check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all Meg! Great scores!

    xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg,
    I think that you SCORED Big Time. Blue and White is on its way back "in" and those French Transfers are great. Love the platters/serving pieces, too.
    Happy researching today.
    xoxox
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, it looks like a fine day at the auction! You found some great things! Looking forward to your etsy sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plate #1: The fat guy says to the skinny guy "My doctor ordered me to do sports to lose weight" - the skinny guy says "And mine told me to do it to gain weight."

    Plate #2: "I am d'Fontenay aux Rouez - me - and though France may never use my arm, I tell you my name is d'Fontenay aus Rouez!"

    Plate #3: "Round boxes! Square boxes! Oval boxes! Get yer boxes here! (Look, boxes for sale!)"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.