August 6, 2012

Weekend Update: Part 239

It was a nice quiet weekend here, with lots of Olympics-watching going on. So thrilled about Michael Phelps’ achievement, too. Do you think that anyone will ever equal his medal total? imageAnd I was equally thrilled for Andy Murray winning the tennis gold!Andy-Murray-wins-gold-in--008I am sure this was a huge relief to him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I got word today from my friend, Man of Mode, who will be appearing with a cast of thousands in the Closing Ceremonies.Yoicks! 004[2] He tells me to look for him in tweed… hmmm. Maybe another version of the Chap Olympics? He’s about 6’8” so should be rather obvious above the crowd. Also, click on his website, Man of Mode, as he’s got some great pictures of London over the past week or so.

We are having a party to watch the closing, and everyone’s been requested to bring an “English” dish to share. Closing invitationI am doing the cocktails, probably Pimms and Soda, and hors d’oeuvres, perhaps cucumber sandwiches. My cousins are arriving from England on Thursday, so I should put in my grocery order right now!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We had a visitor for the weekend!2012-08-04_17-41-15_55This is after Connor and Halas returned from daycare on Saturday and were thoroughly worn out. Connor got a bath and now he’s all soft and fuzzy. 2012-08-05_08-30-07_311Regardless of how much food I give to Halas, he always has to make sure that Connor didn’t leave anything in his dish, and if he did, it’s fair game for Halas.2012-08-05_13-09-30_636I love how Halas makes himself right at home. He knows we love him!

7 comments:

  1. I like Halas' choice in pillows! Halas has the most beautiful coat--but don't tell Connor as we wouldn't want to make him jealous. Have a wonderful visit with your cousins. xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg The Olympics evoke so much pride and the endurance and spirit of these fine athletes is definitely contagious!

    Connor looks very happy with his play pal!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artist Series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connor is the sweetest and most gentle dog :-) I loved meeting him. I will be looking for your friend at the closing ceremony. xoxo, Loi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved what Michael said to the former record-holder (a woman in her seventies)! Someone asked......."is this a record never to be broken? (he was only at 18 medals at the time!!!)

    He said,
    "There is no record that can never be broken!" How wonderful for such a great "sport" to set the record for medals won!

    A wonderful day for athletes of al ages, sports, and nationalities! Bravo to athletes around the world! A God-given gift!

    BRAVO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.