May 9, 2012

Yard Sale Tales

One of the most anticipated yard sales around these parts is at my friend Jake’s house. Jake was my real estate agent when I bought my house last summer, but he’s also a floral designer and party planner extraordinaire. You can see Jake’s house decorated for the holidays, here. october 116Every few years, he gathers all of the props from weddings and parties past and sells them to make room for new ones. october 22

There are a load of candlesticks,october 203 vases, jars, and other props.october 209The sale is on SATURDAY in the Bolton Hill neighbourhood in Baltimore, on Lafayette and Bolton Streets and it starts at 9:00 a.m.

See you there!

12 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I want to go to that yard sale!

    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri... you've got time for that cross-country flight, don't you?

      Delete
  2. Now that looks to be a marvelous sale, indeed. Much better than the ones around where I live, that mostly feature disgusting, dirty plastic children's toys and unappealling household detritus! Reggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do 'drive-bys' of a lot of yard sales. if they've got kiddie toys, just drive on by. i like older people who are clearing out their house after 50 years. you find the best things there.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I NEED that pair of chairs in the front that match!!! Alas! Too far away!!! Enjoy yourself, Meg!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie... last time, he had a hanging candle chandelier and i commented that i'd love it. if i had a back yard. now that i do, i am going to try to find it again. it would be great hanging from the branches of my trees.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.