June 24, 2010

Almost There!

I got word late last night that the seller’s bank has accepted my contract on the house, at an even better price that I’d originally offered. How strange.

So, within the next week, I have to have the house inspected, finalize all paperwork, have the settlement and move. I am sure I will look like the Beverly Hillbillies going back and forth between the old house and the new one. beverly-hillbilliesI work well if there’s a deadline. When I moved to the UK, I finally bought a plane ticket, so I would quit faffing around and get on with things. I have my notebook with everything written out so I won’t forget, I am making notes and calls and I should be able to get everything done.

The plan is to pack stuff in my current house, move things that I still want to the new house next Thursday, and then anything that’s left here will be sold at a “yard” sale. Anything left over after that will be taken by a hauler that I know. junk So, if posting is light and Etsy listings are heavy in the next week, you’ll know why!

19 comments:

  1. Congrats, again, Meg -- and best wishes on the move. Never a fun process -- but how exciting to have a new house to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy for you. All the best for the move. I'm sure it will be a great relief to have this sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much for the "short" sale! Congratulations!!! And at a better price. What a baaagan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray for you - can't wait to see the new digs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see how this little gem will evolve once you move in. I hope that you have 10 days of cool summer weather for the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to check with you, how long have you been going around on this short sale? I am considering a purchase of a short sale and I just don't want alot of run around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL NEWS!!! So happy for you....sad for me that I am not near enough for that "yard sale" you are planning...I know I am going to miss some treasures!!!!! I WILL be keeping an EAGLE EYE on Etsy, however!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sugrbluemagnolia... i put the contract in on the house on december 19 and am only now settling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! And I love the Beverly Hillbillies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And never forget - good things come to those who wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soon it will all be something you can write about....
    Until then hang in and not to worry it will be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray! I was hoping this would work out. Great, great news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the purchase coming to fruition, its very exciting. You may already know this, but its worth repeating - don't use the home inspector your Realtor or mortgage lender recommends. Find your own. Why? Because vendors recommended by other vendors such as your realtor or bank tend to have symbiotic relationships. Find your own home inspector who works for you and is not tied to another entity. I wish I had followed that advice 4 short years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, yippeea! Welcome home and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Meg!

    I know you cannot wait to put your creative eye and hands to work. I can't wait for the before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What nice news. I'd been wondering about how your house purchase was coming along. Good luck with the move. Let's have lots of photos of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finally! Phew. Great news. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.