July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day

This is a really crappy picture of me a few years ago on July 4th, spending the evening walking around Caerphilly Castle, near Cardiff, Wales where I was living. I did my part by wearing a stars and stripes rugby shirt, given to me by a former beau who coached rugby at the US Naval Academy. I also made a cake for my office mates, the one with blueberries and strawberries making the stars and stripes.

This year, I will be celebrating with Kitchenography and her husband at a friend's house on Baltimore's Harbour, which I am watching.

Happy Independence Day!

7 comments:

  1. Happy 4th!

    I watched the fireworks in Baltimore one year :-)

    As always...i love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shirt :)

    That photo of the harbor looks so nice...I'm a little sad I'm not in Baltimore but then again I'll be watching the Macy's fireworks in NYC, and apparently this year's display is the biggest one ever in the history of all fireworks (or something like that). Hooray for pyrotechnics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. coincidence - isabel made the same 4th of july blueberry/raspberry tart - featured on the blog today love the stars and stripes in Wales - we did that too when Isabel was little - she wore red/white/blue stars in London on the 4th - just a regular tuesday for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blurred that on purpose! You party pooper!!!! You look real cute though in that sweater, even though you are alll blurry!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photo! Very patriotic :)
    Hope you had a wonderful Fourth!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You DO like to go out to eat a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.